Pageviews last month

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Half-moon manicure pics!

This is the half-moon manicure!  This also serves as good swatch for Essie Chinchilly or Essie Nice is Nice combo with Sephora OPI Wardrobe Change.

I understand the half-moon manicure was a big trend between the 1920s and 1940s.  Which I can see since it looks very Art Deco to me.  I like the vintage flair and sophistication this look gives to you hands.  Very inexpensive yet dramatic (if you choose the right colors) hand makeover.

...with my white gold, diamond and alexandrite ring...  (pretty, I think)

This half-moon manicure was brought to you by Essie Nice is Nice, Essie Chinchilly, Sephora OPI Wardrobe Change and adhesive paper hole reinforcements!  This was super easy!  Painted my nails Nice is Nice one day (two coats).  Next day applied hole reinforcements (ever after referred to as sticky circles) and painted over them and the nails with Chinchilly (one coat).  Let the Chinchilly mostly dry.  Took sticky circles off with tweezers.  Applied Wardrobe Change (one coat) and Essie Good to Go... VOILA!  I will try a more dramatic color scheme next time...like maybe white with Essie Brazilliant or Essie Coat Azure...  OR MAYBE Sinful Colors Cloud 9 with Essie Brazilliant....  Ok, going to bed now.  Getting too excited about all of the color options.  Maybe I'll change it out tomorrow...maybe I'll....

No comments:

Post a Comment